Truck Accident Lawyer
Guaranteed lifetime payment secured for an eleven-year-old girl from the Caribbean who was seriously injured after being struck by a van while crossing the street. The client sustained a fracture of the left wrist and underwent surgery to her knee and lower back.
New York Truck Accident Lawyer
The immense size and weight of large commercial trucks and tractor-trailers makes them formidable vehicles on New York’s roadways. Collisions with standard passenger vehicles can easily be fatal for occupants. A large truck can push other motorists off the road at high speeds, crunch and crush vehicles upon impact, and lead to catastrophic injuries. Truck drivers must use extra caution on the roadway in their large and unwieldy vehicles, yet they often make the same mistakes as regular drivers.
Large Truck Laws in New York
New York has adopted the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Regulations in regard to large trucks in our state. These regulations require truck drivers to obey certain rules in addition to typical road rules. Commercial truck regulations include:
- Hours-of-service restrictions: Truck drivers are not allowed to work more than 11 consecutive hours in a day or 77 hours per week. They must rest at least 10 hours per day, including at least 8 consecutive hours in the sleeper berth.
- Federal size requirements: In New York, vehicle combinations cannot exceed 13 feet, 6 inches in height and 55 feet in length to travel on highways.
- No entry on parkways in New York: Commercial drivers must use through truck routes instead.
- Weight limits of 80,000 pounds.
- Maintenance and safety requirements.
New York Truck Crash Rates
There were a total of 11,848 crashes involving large trucks in 2014 in New York. Of these, 74 were fatal and 3,760 resulted in personal injuries. Hundreds of large trucks pass through New York every day. Drivers should always be extra cautious around large trucks in case the driver isn’t paying attention, has fallen asleep at the wheel, or is otherwise driving negligently. If you survive a large truck accident, your injuries may be severe. If you’re facing temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and/or lost quality of life due to injuries sustained in a large truck accident, contact the injury lawyers at Omrani & Taub, P.C., of New York. We demonstrate our determination to get results with our long history of securing settlements on behalf of our clients. We measure our success on the impact of our work in obtaining rewards that improve the quality of life for injured, suffering, and wronged accident victims. Call (718) 714-1515 today for a free consultation about your truck accident.